Gourmet cupcake recipes are easy to prepare. You can serve these delicious cupcakes in no time. Cupcakes are definitely one tiny piece of heaven. In this article, learn more about gourmet cupcake recipes and find out how you can whip up a heavenly delight instantly.
Starting with the baking tips and hacks
Cupcake baking is perhaps one of the easiest cake baking items to learn. Following is a quick guide with tips and tricks inserted along the way to help you get a better idea of things to watch out for when making your own cupcakes.
Most important tip before you begin: have fun while baking!
- Use a digital scale when measuring ingredients by weight. Zero out the weight of the bowl to ensure you are only counting the weight of the ingredients. Measuring cup can be used for liquid ingredients by volume (liquid and dry ingredients).
- An ice cream scoop can be used to get consistent results when filling cupcake cases.
- Aluminum tin conducts heat most evenly. Spray baking spray lightly before starting (applies to muffin baking as well).
Bonus tip: large muffin pans don’t work well for baking precious little cupcakes.
- Pre-heated oven before putting in the cupcakes to ensure even baking.
- Reframe from fitting too many pans in the oven.
- If you need to use 2 or more pans, make sure to leave a couple inches of space between each other to allow heat and air circulation.
Bonus tip: it is best to cook only one pan of cupcakes at a time.
- Be sure to set the time about 12 to 15 min (depending on size of the cupcake). You don’t want to overbake the cupcakes.
- Once the time is up, use a toothpick to test the middle of the cupcake. It should comes out either clean or with a few small crumbs. If it comes out with gooey batter on it, they are still raw. If so, put them back in the oven for another 3 to 5 mins, then test again.
Bonus tip: test for doneness after the minimum cooking time. In other words, when in doubt, bake for a shorter duration and check.
- Once the cupcakes are done, let them cool completely by leaving them in the cupcake pans. As they will be too soft at this point, taking the cupcakes out immediately will break them; letting them cool in the pan will hold their shape nicely too (they will probably be too hot as well).
- Once they are cooled completely, you can start butter creaming them. Beware not to buttercream them too soon as it might melt your frosting. Undecorated cupcakes can be frozen up to 3 months.
Bonus tip: cupcakes are best eaten the same day they are made.
Now that you have an idea on how to whip up cupcakes, let’s visit 2 gourmet recipes that are perfect for first-time bakers:
Gourmet cupcake recipes require less preparation.
1 box vanilla cake mix, 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice, 2 tablespoons fresh grated lemon zest, lemon candies for garnish and 1 can of fluffy vanilla frosting.
First, you would have to preheat the oven to 320 degrees. Next, you have to prepare the vanilla mix according to its instructions. Once you have prepared the batter, you can now add in the fresh zest and lemon juice. In a large bowl, you have to mix all the ingredients until you achieve a smooth texture. If you wish to make your cupcakes more appealing, you can add in yellow food coloring to the batter to enhance its lemon color. Pour the mixture in cupcake cups. Place the pans inside the oven and bake them for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Once these cupcakes have turned golden brown, you can now remove them from the oven. Another way for you check if the cupcakes are already well done is to insert a toothpick at the center of each cupcake. If the toothpick comes out clean, that means the cupcakes are already done. Remember that before frosting each cupcake, you have to let the cupcakes cool down. When spreading the fluffy vanilla frosting, you have to make sure that you use a spatula for a more appealing presentation. If you wish to make your cupcakes more enticing, you can add in lemon candies for the garnish.
You can always reinvent your gourmet cupcake recipes.
1 box of vanilla cake mix, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 can cream cheese frosting.
Preheat the oven. Next you have to prepare the vanilla cake mix according to the instructions. After mixing all the ingredients, you can now add in the vanilla extract. You have to stir the vanilla batter until you achieve a smooth texture. Pour in the vanilla cupcake batter into the cupcake tins and place them inside the over for about 20 minutes. Once vanilla cupcakes have turned golden brown, you can now remove the cupcakes from the oven. Another way for you to check if the cupcakes are already done is by inserting a toothpick at the center of the cupcake. Remember to let the cupcakes cool down before covering them with frosting.
These gourmet cupcake recipes are perfect for any celebration. Your family and guests will surely love the tasty look of these cupcakes. With simple preparation, you will surely give your guests a delightful treat.
Use a small cake knife or ideally an apple corer or similar to penetrate and dig out a tiny hole in the middle for your filling (i.e. Butter cream, ganache). This will prevent the paper to come off as compared to squeezing directly into the middle of the cupcake.
Hint: only fill your cupcake 1/2 to 2/3 full.
Opt for a legitimate cake online Chennai service to buy the freshest products. Ingredients are essential as to how soft and delightful the cupcakes are going to be.