Yeast is sold-out in many parts of the country, but you never get the urge to bake cinnamon buns for it, do you? So today I offer you a recipe for quick cinnamon buns that are baked without yeast and with baking powder instead. Because these buns do not need to ferment, they can be baked very quickly. Baking these goodies takes only 30 minutes. Perfect when you get an acute craving for homemade cinnamon buns.
The recipe gives 16 juicy and tasty cinnamon buns that are baked without yeast. Bear in mind when baking this type of buns is that they need to be kept tightly sealed in a bag or airtight jar at room temperature as soon as they cool down if they are not eaten immediately.
100 g butter
0.5 dl of brown sugar (can be excluded)
0.5 dl of powdered sugar
3 tsp ground cinnamon
150 g of room-temperature butter
0.75 dl light syrup
1 tbsp vanilla sugar
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp baking powder
4 dl milk (3% fat)
10 dl wheat flour
1 egg, 1 splash of water and 1 pinch of salt for brushing
pearl sugar to decorate with
1 dl water
0.5 dl of powdered sugar
- Set the oven to 225 degrees (upper and lower heat) and cover two plates with baking sheet paper.
- Begin by making the filling. Mix all the ingredients for the creamy cream in a bowl. Set aside while making the dough.
- In another bowl, you have all the ingredients for the dough but only half the flour. Work together into one sticky dough and then have a little flour at a time while kneading for about 10 minutes until you get a smooth, smooth and slightly sticky dough. This is advantageously done in a kitchen assistant, but it is also possible to knead by hand.
- Grind your work surface a little close and roll out the dough to a 1 cm thick rectangle measuring 30 × 40 cm. Spread the filling evenly on the dough and then roll the dough together along the long side.
- Cut the dough roll into 16 equally thick slices and place them on the plates with baking sheet paper, keeping generously with the distance between the buns.
- Whisk together eggs, water and salt with a fork in a small bowl and then brush your buns with the egg mixture. Decorate the buns with pearl sugar.
- Bake one plate at a time, in the center of the oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can make the sugar act by putting sugar and water in a saucepan. Heat until the sugar crystals melt. Allow to cool and brush your buns with the sugars as soon as they come out of the oven.