Bean salads should not be underrated. They offer a great alternative to regular salads and most importantly, they are insanely delicious. In particular, if you love olives as I do. This olive and bean salad is healthy, fresh, and a cool alternative that works perfectly paired with spicy dishes that need a bit of contrast to allow your tongue to cool down. Furthermore, it contains so many nutrients and healthy ingredients that it can be enjoyed just as it is as a healthy lunch.
This recipe is great news if you are gluten or even vegan as it has no meat or animal products. For a vegan, beans are a great source of nutrients that you need such as protein, which you don’t get from meat, so it works as a wonderful substitute. It is low in calories and won’t leave your stomach bloated.
Just think about how lovely this fresh olive and bean salad will be during summer and complemented with a refreshing glass of wine.
- PORTIONS: 6 buffet portions
- 1 package of large mixed beans (400 g)
- 1 red onion
- 50 g of sun-dried tomatoes (in oil)
- 120 g of calamata olives
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Peel, divide, and slice the onion thinly.
- Shred the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Mix onions, tomatoes, beans, and olives.
- Add olive oil, mint, and half of the parsley.
- Sprinkle with the rest on serving.