Cheesecake is always a good idea. Creamy, sweet, acidic, and heavenly delicious.
This New York Cheesecake is the ultimate cheesecake recipe and has everything you want. It is creamy, dense, rich, and delicious.
Before we dig in, you are probably wondering, what is the difference between regular cheesecake and New York Cheesecake. And is there any? And yes, there are. The New York cheesecake has several defining characteristics. Firstly, there is the texture of this cheesecake. Unlike regular cheesecake, it has a more dense and rich cream which makes it extremely saturating. New York Cheesecake has more cream cheese and regular cheesecake has heavy cream and sour cream. Furthermore, New York cheesecake has extra eggs for a smoother consistency and perfect texture. Due to the sour cream, the New York cheesecake has a distinct flavor.
Lastly, New York cheesecake is always baked.
This recipe is baked in a round shape with a diameter of 23 cm, which gives 10-12 generous pieces.
- 100 g butter
- 14 digestive biscuits
- 600 g room-temperature cream cheese
- 3 room-temperature eggs
- 3 dl icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 tbsp wheat flour
- 1.5 dl of room-temperature yogurt (the liquid variant)
- 1 pinch of salt
- Fresh berries to serve to.
- Set the oven to 175 degrees (upper and lower heat) and line your spring shape with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Mix the biscuits to a fine crumb in the food processor (or crush finely in a thick zip-lid bag and beat with a rolling pin).
- Mix together butter and crumbs into a moldable mass and squeeze it into the bottom of the spring mold.
- Bake the bottom in the center of the oven for 10 min. Meanwhile, you can do the filling.
- Stir together cream cheese and icing sugar just until it blends into a smooth batter with a balloon whisk.
- Add 1 egg at a time while stirring. Then add in yogurt, vanilla, salt, and wheat flour. Just stir together just until it blends into a smooth batter.
- Remove the mold from the oven, leave the oven at 175 degrees and fill the mold with the cheesecake filling.
- Place a deep plate of water at the bottom of the oven.
- Place the cheesecake on the grill in the middle of the oven and lower to 125 degrees as soon as you set it in the oven. Let it bake for 1 hour.
- The cheesecake will be a bit lumpy when done and will reach perfect consistency after standing for a few hours (preferably overnight) in the fridge.
- Top with fresh berries when serving.
TIPS FOR MAKING NEW YORK CHEESECAKE
Make your New York cheesecake gluten-free by using half as much butter for the same amount of gluten-free digestive biscuits.
When making a cheesecake, it is important to be patient. In order to achieve a perfect result, you need to give it time. If you stress and try to take shortcuts, it will show in the result. In making the cheesecake, it is important that you use high quality and full-fat cream cheese for the correct taste and texture.
When you are whisking everything in this recipe, be careful, in particular, if you are using an electric whisk. Whisk slowly in order to abover air into the batter, which will cause cracks in the cheesecake.
When the cheesecake is ready, allow it to cool down slowly. Let it cool by opening the oven door and turning off the oven.
Remember that it is extremely important that the cream cheese and eggs are at room temperature.