Vesuvio is an amazingly delicious pizza. But if you are vegan, you are not able to enjoy its deliciousness. Or are you? It’s super easy to make your own vegan pizza at home! You can either make the pizza from scratch, including the dough and everything, or you can buy a pizza kit. The majority of the pizza kits sold in stores are vegan, so you just have to think about topping if you decide to go the route of buying a pizza kit. If you prefer to make your own pizza dough from scratch, you can, of course, do so as well. We’ll go into detail of how to make a pizza dough further on.
- 4 servings
- 1 packet ready pizza dough
- 1 red onion
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 pcs vegetarian bacon
- 100 g of grated vegan cheese
- Optional vegetables
How to prepare
- Roll out your finished pizza kit and have on the tomato sauce, sliced onions, sliced mushrooms, and any vegan meat eg vegan bacon.
Sprinkle on grated digestible vegan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.
How to make a pizza dough
- 3 1/2 cups ice-cold water
- 50 g fresh yeast
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 10 dl flour + extra for baking (10 dl corresponds to about 600 g)
How to prepare:
- Pour the water into a stainless steel bowl, add the yeast and the oil. Beat everything together. Add the salt.
- Pour in the flour, knead or let the dough machine work the dough into a smooth dough ball.
- Allow the dough to ferment for 1-1 1/2 hours in a large dough bowl. Start timer.
- Pick up the dough, divide and shape it into 6 large balls of about 200 g (for 6 port). Place them on a saucepan and set in the fridge with a wet towel over and leave for at least 5 hours.
- Start timer
- Top the pizza with the desired filling and bake for about 10 minutes at 250 ° C.