Recipe – homemade falafels with quinoa for 4 people
- 1 cup uncooked chickpeas
- 4 dl cooked chickpeas
- 1 dl rice flour
- 2 garlic cloves
- cumin, onion powder, ground coriander, chili flakes
- salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp water
- 3-4 tablespoons oil
- 0.5-1 liters of rapeseed oil to deep fry
Quinoa salad with cabbage:
- 3 dl red quinoa
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 broccoli head
- 200g cabbage + butter * + apple cider vinegar
- 10 cm leeks
How to prepare
- Soak the dried chickpeas in at least twice the amount of water for 12 hours.
- Turn off the water from the chickpeas and mix the soaked with the cooked. Run everything in a mixer to a coarse “flour”. Mix the chickpeas with rice flour, pressed garlic and spices. Stir everything together and beat in oil and water until the texture is just right and works fine to shape. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Shape the batter into balls or pucks and fry them golden. If you do not eat directly, fry them just so they can surface, let them drain on a paper towel and then deep fry them just before it is time to eat.
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the package with a broth dice. When it’s 5 minutes left of cooking time, bring down chopped carrots. Divide broccoli into smaller trees and simmer in salted water for about 3-5 minutes. Chop the cabbage and fry it in butter, salt and a dash of vinegar. Shred the leeks. Mix leeks, broccoli, and cabbage with quinoa. Serve with crème Fraiche.