A quick-cooked bean salad from Mediterranean cuisine with pickled red onion that can be prepared the day before.
Ingredients for 4 servings
- Mediterranean Salad
- 1 package of cocktail tomatoes
- 1 large bag of salad
- 1 bag of black beans – ready to eat
- 1 bag of kidney beans – ready to eat
- 1/2 jar Artichokes marinated
- 1/2 jar Cerignola olives cored
- 1/2 package of Parmigiano Reggiano 14 months
- 1 Black cabbage
- 2-3 tbsp Pesto
- 1 pot of fresh basil
- 1 Pickled red onion
- 1 red onion
- 1 dl water
- 1 dl Balsamic vinegar rosé
How to prepare
- Cut the red onion into thin slices and place in a separate bowl. Add rosé balsamic vinegar and water.
- Leave to cool until the salad is to be served. It gets better the longer it is allowed to cool down, preferably overnight.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and mix them with the salad, beans, artichokes, olives, and grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Add the pesto. Mix with the other ingredients. Sprinkle with freshly picked basil leaves.
- Let the red onion drain in a strainer, top the salad with the shade of pickled red onion just before serving.