You’d be surprised at how well carrot goes together with pasta. This is an underrated but amazing complement to pasta that makes for a wonderful pasta dish. Best of all is that this dish is easy and fast to make. Few ingredients are needed, and those that at needed are quite affordable, making it a delicious and affordable recipe. It also makes it perfect for hectic days when you don’t have too much time to prepare food.
This recipe gives about 4 servings.
- pasta of any kind for 4 servings
- 6 carrots
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 green onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 0.5 dl tomato puree
- 5 dl cooking cream
- 1.5 teaspoons paprika powder
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- salt & pepper
- 2 dl roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Peel the carrots and grate them nicely.
- Peel the yellow onion and garlic.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Fry all soft on medium heat in the oil in a deep frying pan with constant stirring.
- Add tomato puree, cooking cream, and spices.
- Continue to cook on medium heat with constant stirring for about 5 minutes before putting on the lid and allowing the sauce to simmer on low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the sauce with the pasta and sprinkle with the hazelnuts.
Creamy carrot pasta sauce
This creamy carrot pasta sauce is rich in flavors and beautifully seasoned to give a rich and amazing complement to any pasta you choose.
Furthermore, since it does not contain any meat, it is also a great recipe for vegetarians. When most people think about a pasta sauce, it is probably tomato sauce that first comes to mind. This is also good, but sometimes, you can get tired of the same old tomato pasta sauce. And this carrot pasta sauce is a great alternative to go with. Carrot sauce for pasta is far from as widely used as tomato sauce, but we would argue that it is at least as good. It’s also healthy.
If you want a completely vegan alternative, you can remove the cream completely, or switch it for a plant-based alternative in order to not compromise on the rich creaminess.