A warm soup perfect for winter. Ginger and chili add sting and flavor to the soup.
Ingredients sweet potato and tomato soup
- 400 grams of sweet potato, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 chili pepper, finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- 0.5 l of water
- 300 ml of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable fund
- 200-grams of tomatoes, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 250 ml Greek yogurt
- 50 grams of pumpkin seeds
- coriander, chopped
- 1 piece of glue, cut into chunks
How to prepare
1. Set oven to 200 degrees.
2. Mix the sweet potato with the oil and set in the oven for 20-30 minutes until soft and golden brown.
3. Grate onion and carrot in oil in a large saucepan. Fry for about 2 minutes.
4. Add garlic, ginger, chili, and cumin. Fry for 1 minute to release the flavors.
5. Then add the sweet potato and tomatoes to the pot along with water and coconut milk.
6. Add Vegetable broth and bring it to a boil. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Mix the whole soup with a stick mixer if you prefer a smooth soup. Otherwise, put some of the content aside, mix the rest and put the contents back in the soup before serving.
8. Garnish the soup with pumpkin seeds and coriander. Mix in Greek yogurt for a slightly milder soup and top with lime wedges on the side.
9. Tip: The soup is incredibly good to serve with sourdough bread with garlic butter.