Ingredients: 6-8 people
Vegetable stew with eggplant and zucchini
- 250g fresh small forest mushrooms
- 1 zucchini (about 300g)
- 1 eggplant (about 400-500g)
- 1 jar of bell pepper salad (165g drained)
- 2.5 dl risoni
- 3 dl green lenses
- 1 cup capers
- 2 jars of crushed tomatoes (at 400g)
- 1 teaspoon each; Italian salad spice, onion powder, garlic powder
- salt, pepper
How to prepare
- Rub the mushrooms clean and halve or quarter them if they are large. Place the mushrooms in a frying pan and let them simmer for a few minutes until the liquid begins to decrease.
- Dice zucchini and eggplant and bring to the pan. Roast on high heat so everything comes to the surface, then lower the heat and bring down a click of butter or oil that may mill in for a few minutes. Salt and pepper. Beat the water of the paprika salad and bring it down as well as the fried vegetables and mushrooms in a saucepan.
- Boil the raisin according to the instructions on the package but subtract one minute at the cooking time. Soak the lentils in a saucepan with 1.5 liters of salted water for 10 minutes. Keep in mind that the lentils may not boil – just barely boil, otherwise they will easily boil. Have boiled risoni and lentils in the pot. Turn on crushed tomatoes and half fill the jars with water that you rinse out with them and beat in the pot (thus a jar of water). Keep capers and spices down. Allow to simmer under lid for 10 minutes. Serve with salt-roasted seeds and sour cream.