Offer vegetarian Friday night in the middle of the week, chili con soy! A tasty chili roast with a secret ingredient – cocoa. The soy sauce also takes flavor from spices like oregano, pasta sauce with chili and kidney beans. Served with cool sour cream, rice, and crispy tortilla chips.
Ingredients 4 servings
- 4 port rice or other cereals (preferably whole grains)
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300 g of soybeans
- 2 dl of water
- 1 vegetable broth dice or fund (1 broth dice corresponds to 1 1/2 tbsp fund)
- 390 g pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 380 g of kidney beans
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 100 g tortilla chips
How to prepare
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Peel and finely chop onions and garlic.
- Fry the onion chop in the olive oil in a saucepan along with the frozen soy sauce for a few minutes.
- Add water, broth or dough, pasta sauce, cocoa, chili powder, oregano, sugar, and tomato puree. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Taste with pepper.
- Rinse the beans in cold water and allow to drain. Add them to the pot and let everything warm.
- Serve the casserole with sour cream, rice, and tortilla chips.