The ordinal numbers are the numbers that will help in indicating the exact position of something or somebody at a particular place. If the number of objects and people are specified into a particular list then the position of the objects or people will be perfectly defined by the ordinal numbers. The adjective terms that can be utilised in the whole process include the first, second, third, fourth, fifth and several other options. Following are some of the basic examples of the ordinal numbers:
- Shamu came first in his class
- Sarita was the third girl which was standing in the line
- Mohan stays on the fifth floor of the building
- The table is kept at the 16th position and every shop.
It is very much important for the kids to be clear about the ordinal numbers from one-hundred so that they never get confused at any point in time and are very much capable of solving the questions without any kind of hassle. The other two types of number systems which are perfectly utilised in terms of representing the people and objects are explained as:
- Cardinal numbers: These will be the counting numbers that can be perfectly utilised by the people in terms of representing the number of objects or people and are known as cardinal numbers for example 1, two, three, four, five and so on. A very basic example is a basket containing 10 apples.
- Nominal numbers: These are the numbers that can be perfectly applied to the name of the objects into a particular group for example it can be perfectly utilised in terms of identification of the objects from a huge collection of things. For example pin codes of different cities, vehicle codes of different cities and several other options.
It is very much important for the kids to be clear about the basic system of ordinal numbers chart so that they can deal with things very easily and are further very much capable of having a good command over the entire process.
The cardinal number will be the one that will help in dealing with the count of any kind of object for example natural numbers like one, two, three and on the other hand, the ordinal number will be the one that will help in denoting the position or place of the object, for example, 1st, second, third. The position of the runners in a particular event will be first, second, third and will be helpful with the help of ordinal numbers only. It is very much important for people to be clear about the basic concept of ordinal numbers so that they can solve the questions very easily because this will be the best possible way of ensuring that people will be able to deal with things very professionally. Apart from this people also need to be clear about the concept of cardinal numbers that has been explained as follows:
By the definition, the cardinal numbers will be Numbers that can be perfectly counted and all the natural numbers will be coming into this particular category. For example, there will be six clothes in the cupboard, four cars are driving into the lane, Anusha has two dogs and one cat and several other kinds of available examples. Cardinal numbers are also very easily available in the English language so that people can deal with things very professionally and never get confused at any point in time.
Hence, depending on platforms like Cuemath is the best way of ensuring that people are also very much clear about different kinds of number systems like even numbers, odd numbers, prime numbers and various other kinds of categories which will always allow them to score well in the mathematics exam because they will be clear in terms of basics. In this way, the kids will be having a good command of the subject of mathematics.