Lately, I’ve really got a thing for so-called “one pot” dishes. It is therefore dishes that are cooked in one and the same frying pan / saucepan which is perfect food to make in a large cook or in a lunch box. The latest sample preparation is this incredibly creamy one pot chicken with spinach.
For extra saturation I chose to use whole grain thagliatelle but you can of course use the pasta you like most. The recipe is enough for about 6 servings.
2 + 1 tablespoon olive oil
900 g of chicken fillet
1 yellow onion
salt & pepper
4 large fresh mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon basil
2 tsp paprika spice (halve if you are sensitive to strong food)
1 liter of chicken broth
2.5 dl cream fraiche
500 g of tagliatelle
150 g fresh spinach
150 g of finely grated parmesan cheese + a little to garnish
1. Prepare the ingredients by dicing the chicken, chopping the yellow onion, slicing the mushrooms and pressing the garlic cloves.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large deep saucepan. Add the diced chicken. Brown until it has a nice color.
3. Then place the chicken on a plate. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the saucepan along with the finely chopped yellow onion. Cook with stirring until it becomes soft.
4. Then add in sliced mushrooms, pressed garlic, salt, pepper, paprika spice and basil. Stir.
5. Pour in chicken broth and creme fraiche. Stir, place on lid and bring to a boil.
6. Add the tagliatelle or other pasta you want and stir a few times so that it does not stick together. The pasta should be covered in the sauce, add some water if you need to. Cook the pasta according to the minute instructions on the package.
7. Put in fresh spinach and put the chicken back in the saucepan. Stir.
8. Tear down 150 g of parmesan cheese and stir. The sauce will thicken the cheese.
9. Serve directly with another little grated parmesan cheese and possibly sun-dried tomatoes.