Mac and Cheese
Mac and Cheese with fresh salsiccia sausage and mozzarella.
This is an American paradise and there are amazingly many varieties and ways to add just Mac n Cheese. For anyone who has ever visited a grocery store in the US, you can probably agree that there are also many shelves of different variants of Mac and Cheese.
This is a really good variant that has an Italian element in the form of a tasty salsiccia – a childish good recipe.
Ingredients for mac and cheese
- about 350 g of salsiccia basket
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp butter
- 1⁄ leeks
- 1 zuccini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 350 g Lumanconi paste
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons wheat flour
- 5 dl milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 tbsp grated mozzarella (150 g)
- 1⁄2 roman salad
- 1 red pepper
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 150 g tomatoes (1-2 pieces)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 tbsp white wine vinegar
How to prepare
- Set oven to 225 °.
- Pasta (saucepan): Boil 3 liters of water with 1 tablespoon salt in the saucepan.
- Filling (tractor pan + saucepan): Cut about 350 g of salsiccia sausage into 1 cm wide cubes.
- Heat the pan with 1 tablespoon butter and fry the sausage on medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Rinse and shred 1⁄ leeks. Cut 1 zucchini into 2 cm cubes.
- Add the vegetables, 2 squeezed garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons oregano, 1 teaspoon salt and 2 pinches cayenne pepper in the pan and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Cook 350 g of pasta 4 minutes shorter than the instructions on the package.
- Bechamel: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in the pan and stir in 2 1/2 tablespoons wheat flour (same as the filling was fried in).
- Whisk down 5 cups milk, 1 cup whipped cream and 2 cups water and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt, the filling, the cooked pasta and 1 tbsp grated mozzarella (150 g) in the pan.
- Gratin (oven shape 20 x 30 cm): Grease the mold with 1 teaspoon butter. Put the creamy paste in the mold and bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Salad (bowl): Shred 1⁄2 novel salad. Dice 1 red pepper and 1⁄2 cucumber. Cut 150 g of tomatoes (1-2 pieces) into 1 cm wide slices. Mix the vegetables, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1⁄2 tbsp white wine vinegar and 1 pinch salt in the bowl.
- Serve the salsicci gratin with the salad.